I’ve been thinking a lot about my goals and word for the year. I wanted my word to be something pretty, or happy, or fun that I would love to have on a journal by my daughter, @maddlettering or stamped on a bracelet by @rewritten.company . But discipline keeps coming to mind. I’ve been trying to shove it aside because it seems so boring and HARD and not at all fun, but there it is. It won’t leave. So I’m owning it. My word for the year is discipline.
The truth is, it really does summarize my goals for 2018...
- discipline in the Word
- discipline in exercise
- discipline in healthy eating
- discipline in being still to hear God
- discipline in sticking with the mundane God has called me to, knowing there is deep growth and purpose there
- discipline in raising my kids to love Jesus
- discipline in seeking God FIRST
- discipline in limiting social media
- discipline in being a good wife, mom, friend, daughter, sister, aunt, teacher, employee
So there you have it. My hard, boring, unsexy word for the year: discipline.
What’s your word? Did you fight it like me, or embrace it easily?